Ah, summer camp… For us, it instantly brings back memories of sitting around a bonfire with friends singing Kumbayá, roasting marshmallows and concocting ooey-gooey s’mores.
You might not be in third grade anymore, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have those summer bonfires back. Whether you’re heading to a campground or setting up shop in your own backyard, warm up with our Target fire pit picks below. Then, scroll down for three not-so-usual s’mores recipes.
PICK YOUR (FIRE) PIT
1. Smith Hawken 33 Copper Fire Bowl 2. Diamond Mesh Firepit with Screen and Cover 3. Smith Hawken San Rafael Metal Outdoor Firepit Table 4. Granite Firepit Round 5. Palm Tree Design Outdoor Fire Bowl 6. Square Design Firebowl 7. Square Wood Burning Steel Firepit with Granite Surround and Cover 8. Slate Marble Tile Outdoor Firebowl
SELECT YOUR S’MORE
As we dive into summer we wanted to pay homage to the classic s’more—a trifecta of marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers—with our own twist on the recipe, to cater to the extreme chocoholics among us. And like all good s’mores, perfect measurements aren’t necessary—just have fun and eat up.
The Please Add-More PB&J S’more: In keeping with childhood throwbacks, we’ve decided to bring back one of our favorites—peanut butter and jelly. Only this time, we’re mixing it with the classic s’more for three times the taste.
1. Spread peanut butter on half of a graham cracker. Try Honey Maid Graham Crackers.
2. Roast marshmallows over flame until a light, golden brown color with this Marshmallow Roasting Set. Top roasted marshmallow on graham cracker.
3. Add a chunk of chocolate. For those you with a seriously peanut-y palette, add a spoonful of peanut butter.
4. Spread grape jelly or jam onto another graham cracker.
5. Top off the chocolate, and you’ve got yourself a delicious sandwich.
The Breakfast Bacon S’more: Add some bacon to your dessert. Trust us—it’s delicious.
1. Cook a piece of bacon over the fire (or fry on a stove) until cooked. Make sure it isn’t too crispy.
2. Then, roast your marshmallow. Remember to use a different skewer to roast your bacon and marshmallow.
3. Wrap bacon around a roasted extra large Market Pantry Marshmallow. Hey, go big or go home!
4. Add your chocolate and top your treat with two graham cracker halves.
The Berry Cool S’more: Beat summer heat with a dollop of cold ice cream.
1. Gently add a scoop of your favorite ice cream to a piece of graham cracker.
2. Top with jumbo marshmallows.
3. Add your dose of cocoa and a fruit of your choice.
4. Finish it off with another graham cracker. Bon appétit!
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox.