Among the things we file in our “too good to be true” category, National Pancake Day is at the top. So in honor of today’s big day, we whipped up Giada De Laurentiis’ mouth-watering almond pancakes.
Great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert (is there really ever a bad time for flapjacks?), these pancakes are the perfect amount of light and fluffy, sweet and nutty. In short: nothing can stack up against them. So what are you waiting for? Grab your fork and dig in.
Giada de Laurentiis’ Almond Pancakes
Makes 16 pancakes
What You’ll Need:
½ cup (4 oz.) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
1 ½ cups water
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons pure almond extract
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups buttermilk pancake mix (recommend: Kruteaz)
4 ounces almost paste, cut into ¼-inch pieces
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
Maple syrup (optional)
Fresh raspberries (optional)
What You’ll Do:
1. In a food processor, combine the mascarpone cheese, water, sugar, almond extract and vanilla extract. Process until mixture is smooth.
2. Add pancake mix and pulse until just combined.
3. Add almond paste and pulse once to incorporate.
4. Preheat griddle or large, non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
5. Grease griddle or skillet with 1 tablespoon butter.
6. Working in batches, pour ¼ cup of batter per pancake onto griddle. Cook for about 1 ½ minutes each side, or until golden.
7. Repeat with remaining butter and batter.
8. Arrange pancakes on a platter. Serve with maple syrup and fresh raspberries.
click through the step-by-step gallery below
Photos by Chris New