A bride-to-be can always use a little more help when it comes to planning—sisters and BFFs can only take so much. So what about perfect strangers?
The nuptials were streamed live on Facebook this weekend and were completely crowd-sourced. Over the past few months, Brides readers voted on every big day detail, from the décor and wedding gown to the honeymoon and, our personal favorite, the wedding registry style.
Out of four wedding registry style packages, voters chose “The Gourmands” package for Briana and Jason. Before the lucky couple said “I do” and armed with a wedding registry shooter, they hit up Target to fulfill their kitchen-focused registry but not before receiving some expert advice from Sabrina Soto and Giada De Laurentiis.
The dynamic duo shared tips to make sure the newlyweds were ready to stock their kitchen with the best appliances, cookware, tools and gadgets. Check out the couple’s trip and the experts’ tips, below!
1. Before you register, take inventory of the things you and your partner both have and consider the size of your space. This ensures you get what you really need and that new items will fit in with what you already have. –Sabrina
2. A must-have on every couple’s registry should be professional-quality cookware. This sets the stage for the ultimate gourmet kitchen. –Giada
3. With spring and summer weddings right around the corner, consider adding patio furniture to your registry to take outdoor entertaining to the next level. –Sabrina
4. Think color when adding to your registry. Instead of registering for kitchen items in plain metallic, add a pop of color with pieces that may be displayed on the counter or above the stove. -Sabrina
5. For busy couples who love to bake, a stand mixer is the ultimate sous chef and a registry must—not only does it save time and effort, but it also makes clean up that much simpler. –Giada
6. Every gourmand couple should register for a great knife that will make life easier in the kitchen and help them look like pros. Look for a cutlery set that offers a wide assortment of knives so that you have the perfect tool for every task. –Giada
7. Don’t forget about the non-traditional registry items like luggage, digital cameras and picture frames. You’ll want a reliable suitcase for your honeymoon, a camera to capture your honeymoon photos and beautiful frames to display them. –Sabrina
Ready to register? Explore the new Target Wedding Catalog—it’s post-engagement eye candy.
Photos courtesy of Brides
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox.