We adore fall—the season of get-togethers with friends, chai tea lattes, football games and sweater weather. What’s not to love?
Don’t you just want to cuddle up on a comfy couch or bundle up with friends around a bonfire? That’s what fall is all about and the basis behind the fall Threshold broadcast campaign, airing Sept.15. It’s just so impeccably cozy.
Filmed in a Brooklyn brownstone, the spot brings the fall collection of home accents and accessories, poufs and pillows, bedding and bath, entertaining, kitchenware and more to life in a real environment.
The ads feature Sara Ruffin Costello, former Creative Director of the much-beloved Domino mag and regular contributor to the New York Times, T Magazine, as the host of a gorgeous fall dinner party. A self-proclaimed “low-key host,” Sara inspires viewers to make their homes tastefully warm and welcoming with the Threshold collection.
Inspired? Love what you saw? Host your very own dinner party with Sara’s entertaining tips below.
1. When guests offer help, take it! Invite your guests to help you with any easy, last minute details. It will take the pressure off of you as hostess, and help your guests feel at home.
2. Casual spread. Use an eclectic mix of plates, platters, bowls, trays and vases for an at-ease atmosphere.
3. Pouf! More seating. Poufs are basically magic—they easily work as additional seating in small spaces.
4. Make it glow. Good lighting is the most critical thing to have at a party, says Sara. Dim the lights, light some candles and include silver and brass into the room for some shine.
5. A perfect party isn’t perfect. Sara believes that parties gone wrong are parties gone right. A little hiccup or a spilled glass of wine means you’re human.